The Northern Spain Wine Company is one of the great emblems of the neighborhood of Estacion de Haro, the great Riojan wine capital. Founded in 1879 by the brothers Raimundo and Eusebio Real de As uacute; a, CVNE (as it is known worldwide) can boast of having remained at the top throughout its journey. Ten years after its creation, the winery opened an impressive barrel room designed by the Alexandre Gustave Eiffel studio. By 1900 he was already making about 80,000 bottles, something unthinkable for the time. The 20th century consecrated to CVNE as a Spanish wine institution.
Throughout 140 years, it has managed to combine tradition and innovation to produce wines that today champion the reds of Rioja and at whose feet international criticism has surrendered. Its Imperial Gran Reserva 2004 has made history by being elected Best Wine of the Year 2013 by the prestigious North American magazine Wine Spectator, being the first time that a Spanish wine has achieved this recognition. P >
Since its foundation, CVNE has been expanding its heritage and growing with avant-garde projects in different periods of its history, such as the creation of Viñedos del Contino or Viña Real.
Data of Interest
- Winecellar owners: CVNE. S.A.
- Oenologists: María Larrea
- Regions: Rioja
- Foundational Year: 1879
- Oenotourism: Visitas y catas.
- Local Vineyard (hectares): 550 hectáreas
- Annual Production (bottles): 5.000.000 botellas
- Cask Count: 19000
- Cask Type: Barricas bordelesas de roble francés y americano
- Domestic Sales (percentage): 80%
- International Sales (percentage): 20%
- Company Name: C.V.N.E. Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España, S.A.
- Address: Barrio de la Estación, s/n.
- Location (City): Haro
- County: La Rioja
- Country: Spain
- Postal Code: 26200
- Telephone: 0034941304800
- Fax: 0034941304 815
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.cvne.com